Page 1 sur 2 12 DernièreDernière
Affiche les résultats de 1 à 10 sur 11

Sujet : D day - A new web site

D day - A new web site

Français ici
    ---

Hello everybody

For a long time now, I wanted to change the aspect of this website, and I had sometimes the occasion to tell some of you about this in private messages. Initially, my aim was to completely change the forum. I wished to take a better organized script, with more features. One of my major problem was the integration of video clips in the new forum. After testing a few forum scripts, after waiting for bugs fixes, I abandoned this idea and decided to test another solution.
    As the number of video clips uploaded here was quite huge (a few thousands), I thought it was important to make these clips easily viewable. They had to be better organized in specific categories and more than that I thought that these clips should be easily found using an internal search engine.
    To do that, I tested a few clip sharing scripts (Youtube clones) that I found on internet (free ones or not).
    After testing them, I kept the script that was the best, in my opinion, even though a few bugs still need to be fixed.
    Then, you will discover a new website entirely dedicated to sumo videos. Now on, it's on that website that I shall upload all videos, except if we have a big issue with the script ( an important bug that I couldn't fix before next basho for example).

Here are a few features:
    You will probably find all features that are usually included in clip sharing scripts, except upload ability that has been de-activated as only admin can upload files there.
    - At the moment nearly 3000 clips are available: all 2008 bouts that were previously uploaded here, and most of news clips since 2007. 2007 and 2006 clips will be added later as it is quite long to do and hatsu basho is coming very soon.
    - For each basho, bouts are organized by days. They will be easy to find.
    [img]images/lesumofr/browse.jpg[/img]

- For each video, tags have been added. You may wish to click these tags to use the search engine.
    [img]images/lesumofr/browse-example.jpg[/img]

- You can create your own playlists on specific themes ( a rikishi, a technique, great bouts, whatever you want)
    [img]images/lesumofr/playlists.jpg[/img]

- You can create a blog ( I didn't test this feature though )
    - You can download video files ( a link is provided with each video )
    [img]images/lesumofr/save.jpg[/img]

- Comments and ratings are also included
    [img]images/lesumofr/comment.jpg[/img]

- Private messages can be sent
    - Account settings can be easily changed
    [img]images/lesumofr/account.jpg[/img]

- An internal search engine is integrated. Even though this engine is not perfect, you will be able to find very easily in one click:
    -- all rikishi last bouts ( enter shikona - example takamisakari and you get Takamisakari's 90 last bouts )
    -- all bouts between 2 rikishi ( example takamisakari-takekaze or takekaze-takamisakari will provide you the same results )
    -- all wins or losses of one specific rikishi just adding V (voctory - win) or D (defeat - loss) before a shikona ( Vtoyonoshima will give you all Toyonoshima's wins - Daminishiki will give you all Aminishiki's losses )
    -- all wins or losses of a rikishi against another rikishi ( Vtoyonoshima-Daminishiki or Daminishiki-Vtoyonoshima will give Aminishiki's losses against Toyonoshima )
    -- kimarite + shikona ( uchimuso kotomitsuki will give you all Kotomitsuki's uchimuso )
    -- all mono-ii, tori-naoshi, gunbai-dori, sashi-chigai
    -- you can find rare kimarite in one click ( utchari will give you all utchari - 8 and among them 4 kitataiki's )
    [img]images/lesumofr/search.jpg[/img]

A new player:

- full screen ( wide screen - 16/9 - will be added soon )
    - slow motion, various personal controls ( brightness, contrast, saturation )
    Just click "Controls":
    [img]images/lesumofr/controle.jpg[/img]
    [img]images/lesumofr/controle2.jpg[/img]

When you click on "guide":
    [img]images/lesumofr/guide.jpg[/img]
    >From right to left:
    - Related: 12 files belonging to the same category
    - Most viewed: 12 most viewed files
    - Top rated: 12 best rated files
    - More from this user: 12 last uploaded files (by this member)

Access to videos and packages:
    There is a big change in this part. Not only that I wished to make videos easily accessible from the database using the internal search engine, I also wanted to avoid all searches concerning paypal donations. In many cases, there was no link between usernames and names used with paypal. Even email addesses were different from what I had in my database, and I often had to contact the donator to know his username. Afterwards, I had to manually open video access. It was really time consuming in a period when I was busy making clips.
    The new systeme that has been set up in the new site is completely automatic. Donations (subscriptions to packages) will be made from the member's account.
    To make this work properly, a precise fee had to be set up in connection with duration of each package.
    The first package (VIP monthly) is accessible for 5€ and lasts one basho (one month). With this package you get unlimited access to all files (even previous basho) for one month. Another package (VIP yearly) gives you unlimited access for one full year. VIP yearly package is 25€.
    In most cases, in 2008 you donated nearly the same amount. Some members donated 5 or 10€ every basho, while others prefered to donate once 25, 30, 50€ or even more.
    Even though it was a bit difficult to take into account everyone's previous donations, to fix for everyone an expiry date, I think I managed to do something fair for all of you.
    This means that all those who have aleardy access to video forum here (and can read this message), have already an account on the new website. The same username and same password as here will have to be used there. Your accounts have been manually added, so only username, mail address and password have been added. You will have to modify your account if you wish to do so.
    To take into account your previous donations and integrate them into the system, for each of you, I also manually created a package which varies according to the donation you made. In your account, you will be able to check (and eventually change) which package was added to your account and what expiry date this package has.
    After the expiry date, the script proposes to renew or change the package. After making your choice you will be automatically driven to the paypal page. When the payment will be made, you will be driven back to the site, and you will be able to check that your package is active. In some cases you will have to activate it by one click.
    For most of you, the expiry date goes over next basho so that you can enjoy immediately all the features this new website offers ; for a few months or even a few years (big donators). In some cases, the date has expired, and the package has to be renewed. This is the case for those of you who donated between 1 and 5€ a few months ago. From now on, you will have to give a bit more, but on the other hand others will give less.
    I don't think I will receive more with this new automated system, but I am sure it is fairer than before, and much more handy.
    Those who don't agree with the expiry date can contact me (private message here). Checking all donations was not easy and I may have forgotten some.

Where to check account and packages?
    After loging in, using username and password, you will see your home page. In the left part, at the very bottom, you will be able to check your package:
    [img]images/lesumofr/package01.jpg[/img]

If you click on "your packages" you get your packages's list (so far there is one for each of you)
    [img]images/lesumofr/package02.jpg[/img]

When you click on "details" you will get more informations on you package:
    [img]images/lesumofr/package03.jpg[/img]

After all these details, it's now time to really test this new site. Your comments will be welcome here. We still have 2 days to fix bugs if there are.
    You are now all invited to visit this new website:

[img]images/lesumofr/logolesumofr.jpg[/img]

the new site looks very powerful. however, I have two problems.

first - when I click on full screen on my computer, the image does not have the correct aspect ratio. It is higher than it should be.

second - it is too difficult to watch a day in sequence, from first to last. the clips are sorted new to old, backwards for viewing. and you need to open each clip separately. this is much less convenient than the old system.

i have not tried the playlist system, but I wonder if a playlist could be made which would show the whole day in sequence?

thank you for you work on this, and for providing access to Sumo for us all.

Senior Member Avatar de Fuseigou
    Inscrit
    mai 2005
    Lieu
    La Roche/Yon
    Hi !

Pb n°1 : no answer, let's see with another member more experimented than me...
    Pb n°2 : you have to select the "Media" part (second one among the six) then :

>"Basho 2009"
    >>"200901 Hatsu"
    >>>"Jour 1"

When you see a video, you juste have to come back to the previous page to find the global menu.

I don't know if it's clear...

Concerning the full screen issue, the flv player will be ugraded soon and will handle all files correctly. This doesn't depend on me but on the script coder.
    I expected the player to be upgraded before this basho but it was delayed.

About media browsing, as explained by fuseigou, it's better to browse media from the media menu, and go to the correct category. Then if you don't need all descriptions you can select "basic view". Doing this you get 10 thumbnails easy to click with rikishi's name. You can also easily jump to other pages. After each video, use the backward button of your browser.

For the server, opening only one file at the time is better for bandwith. In the previous system, even if you wanted to watch only one bout it launched the opening of all files. Maybe handy for the visitor but not so good for the server.
    Most fans don't watch all bouts, so it's useless to open all files for every one. Today some files have been seen 50 times, others only 12...(jûryô bouts for instance)

Very impressive. Thank you
    HK

Excellent, thank you!

I was going to ask if there's a way to make the video tags invisible by default (since they spoil the bout result; not a big problem for me, but I know others are concerned about that), but I see that switching the media browser to basic view hides them for the most part. Not in the video page itself, but I can just focus on the video there.

Again, thanks for all your work!

Citation Envoyé par Asashosakari
    I was going to ask if there's a way to make the video tags invisible by default (since they spoil the bout result; not a big problem for me, but I know others are concerned about that),
    Yes, that's a big problem of mine. It's hard to keep my eyes under control and not to read the winning technique.
    But I think two even bigger Spoilers are:

- if you can't hide the seeking bar which shows the position of the video it takes the fun out of the fights when you know that they'll end in 9...8...7...6...5...4... seconds! Ignoring the tags is possible, at least in most cases - but such a big bar directly under the videos...

- comments from users under the videos which reveal details about the video you just want to watch.

Still - a great new site! Personally, I wouldn't need most of its features, but still - nice to have!

Inscrit
    janvier 2007
    Lieu
    Deux-Sèvres
    Merci info-sumo

Je commence à me sentir à l'aise sur ce nouveau site.
    Magnifique.

Citation Envoyé par pyro
    Yes, that's a big problem of mine. It's hard to keep my eyes under control and not to read the winning technique.
    I changed the code a little bit for those who don't want to get spoilers (tags).

I tested it on a fake account: the tags wouldn't appear when you browse categories or media. They will appear in all other parts of the site (search, playlits, etc..) as they may be useful sometimes.

Here is how to do: you login then go to your account/account settings
    On the left menu: mobile settings
    Then in the mobile email you just write this: notag
    You click on "create mobile profile" and that's it.
    You can change it later if you wish.

Mobile upload is not activated on this site so there is no problem using this feature for something else.

Tell me if it's OK for you.

Citation Envoyé par pyro
    - if you can't hide the seeking bar which shows the position of the video it takes the fun out of the fights when you know that they'll end in 9...8...7...6...5...4... seconds! Ignoring the tags is possible, at least in most cases - but such a big bar directly under the videos...
    I am sorry, there's noway to hide it as it is part of the player. As this player wil be upgraded soon, they may change it completely and add a onmouseover condition. But I am not sure anyone already asked for this feauture. Usually on clips share sites they like to see it, just to know if the clip is not too long.

Citation Envoyé par Info-sumo
    I changed the code a little bit for those who don't want to get spoilers (tags).
    Thank you - looks pretty well!

Citation Envoyé par Info-sumo
    I am sorry, there's noway to hide it as it is part of the player. As this player wil be upgraded soon, they may change it completely and add a onmouseover condition. But I am not sure anyone already asked for this feauture. Usually on clips share sites they like to see it, just to know if the clip is not too long.
    I agree 100% - usually I appreciate the bar as well - but the onmouseover condition was quite a sensible feature for watching sume movies.
    Thanks for your efforts!

sujet d'information

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet

il y a actuellement 1 utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet. (0 membres et 1 visiteurs)

Liens sociaux

Règles des messages